Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day in History

So as well all know, and will never forget thanks to the media, today our new President Barack Obama was sworn into office. I got up this morning and turned on the TV and forgot what today was. I was very quickly reminded. I have to admit that I am a pretty conservative republican and Mr. Obama's plan for the next 4 years don't exactly entice me. I am skeptical of any government who bails out crooks and of all people, auto makers. Yes, I am bitter about the bailout because I know if something happens to my family and we lose our home and everything we have the good ole US of A is NOT going to be there to bail my ass out now are they??

Anywho, after a while I decided to look at this as an opportunity. A wonderful opportunity for Mr Obabma to prove so many of us wrong. I will embrace him and his changes and pray that our country and economy can stay afloat in these hard times. Although I have a feeling it is going to be a bumpy long ride. I cannot dwell on the things I cannot change and he is going to be the President for the next 4 years and there is not a darn thing I can do about it!

I hope that he can create jobs and solve this mortgage crisis. I hope that he can help more people get medical insurance without messing with the way the system already is. I hope that he does not raise taxes, cause well that will just piss me right off. I hope alot of things. But most of all I hope that he will be a unique President.....I hope that the 44th President will go down in history as the first to actually keep his promises and follow through on his plans.

Here's to a new year and a New President. Let's all hope and pray for good change and health for everyone!

0 comments: