Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a week

Well I am almost at 2 weeks without TJ. He left on the 5th and isn't returning home until Feb. 4th. When he is gone I get lazy, especially during the winter when the weather is nasty. I am so busy working and taking care of the kids that on my days off I don't want to do anything. But today the sun came out! It was all the motivation I needed to get out the garbage bags and de-clutter my post Christmas house.

I have to say Carter was a big help. He likes throwing things away. We filled a bag just upstairs alone and got those bedrooms shiny clean! We also went through all the clothes and filled up 3 big Costco sized Huggies boxes with clothes to take to the consignment store. Tomorrow I am tackling my closet. That is the scariest one of all. There is just something about doing this that makes me feel so good today.

This week school was back to normal. Thank goodness. We had cheer night on Tuesday, Adventure Club last night and cheer practice today after school. It's been a busy last few days but it does help my days go so much faster when they are filled with things to do.

Tomorrow, I am helping out in Malaya's classroom and then coming back to finish my post-Christmas cleaning and hopefully get some time to relax while Carter naps. I am so glad it is suppossed to stay sunny out for the rest of this week and the weekend. It keeps me happy after not seeing the sun for almost a month!

I have missed you sun!

1 comments:

The Kingsborough Queen said...

Look at you go Miss Productive!! My house is always clean (well..most days) but I need to get on the "projects" like going through the kids clothes. You are going to have such a great vacation...especially having your house all pulled together...thats always so nice to come home to.